St Martin's Church, Blackheath

blackheath churchphoto

St Martin's Church, Blackheath is part of the combined Parish of Wonersh with Blackheath, and shares its Vicar and Ministry team with Wonersh Church. St Martin's has stood at the heart of Blackheath village for nearly 120 years and it seeks to serve and support the community of Blackheath through prayer and in practical ways. Services take place each week on Sundays at times displayed on the church notice board, and all are welcome.

St Martin's church was built in 1893 based upon the design of an Italian wayside chapel, and is named after St Martin's Canterbury. The church is well known for its striking wall paintings, which  were painted in 1894-95 by Anna Lea Merritt, an American artist. The paintings are in a style used by Pre-Raphaelite painters of the day - more information about the wall paintings can be found in the document link to the right.

Forthcoming Sunday Services at Blackheath Church:
Blackheath Harvest Festival
Sun 24 Sep 11:00am
A Harvest Celebration service, followed by drinks and canapés at Blackheath Village Hall
Blackheath Holy Communion
Sun 1 Oct 10:00am
Blackheath Holy Communion service
Blackheath Morning Praise
Sun 8 Oct 10:00am
Blackheath Morning Praise
Blackheath Evensong BCP
Sun 15 Oct 6:00pm
Evening service at St Martin's


Please contact the Vicar or any of the clergy team for more information about services. 
 
The Blackheath Church Warden is:
Patricia Allen
(01483) 893094
patriciaallen@gmx.co.uk
   

Further information about Blackheath Village can be found on the Blackheath Village website

The location of Blackheath Church is shown below:
 
 
 Documents 
Blackheath services in March (88.2KB)
St Martin's Church information sheet (338.3KB)
St Martins Church History and Murals (185.0KB)
footer-divider